Thursday, April 22, 2010

Food Trip Friday--- Grilled Mussels

All time favorite seafood which is very abundant here in our country and easy to cook.

My Mussel stories:

1. When I was pregnant with Franky mussels was one of the food that I didn't like to eat or even smell. Odd, because Mussels is actually my favorite since I was a kid. 

2. I enjoy Sunday lunch with the whole family : sauteed mussels and seaweed salad. It's a regular  on our Sunday market list.
enchie’s kitchen

3. I also like baking mussels with butter and garlic, topped with cheese. I remember I would often bring baked mussels for my husband's parents (now my in-laws) every time I visit them. My father- in-law loves it.

Anyway, one Friday when I visited my parents, I went to our hometown wet market to buy fresh mussels and decided to grill it then served with garlic- butter.

13 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

Mouthwatering photo here,Enchie!

blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Mylene said...

Winner!!!

Rossel said...

my daughter loves baked mussels with lots of cheese on top. may be she'll like it grilled too.

my entry today is Pakbet. happy FTF!

Nedekcir said...

Simply yummm....

Unknown said...

mouth-watering! i love mussels, too, especially the fat ones.:p i love it sauteed in garlic and butter, cooked in its own juice. hayy, pang-lactating mom (LOL).

FoodTripFriday said...

Grilled Mussels is the best for me!

Lady Patchy said...

winner naman itong entry mo.pahingi!!

shydub said...

This looks great and taste good.

Cecile said...

this is one of my fave seafood, mussels...lalo na yung appetizers nila sa Little Maggianos resto...try mo...at ma a addict ka rin gaya ko :-)

Cacai M. said...

Ooh my... ang sarap naman Momma Ench.. and it is very pretty arranged.. sarap!

My FTF: Fresh Fruits

Clarissa said...

YUMMM!!Love it more when it's baked and grilled!

We Ate This! said...

I also love tahong, especially tinola :D Of course, masarap din ang pag binake ito. Di lang yummylicious, bongga pa ang presentation mo, MommyEnchie!

AC said...

oh my gulay!!! mussels!!! waaah!!! i sooo love!!! and nicely presented, ate enchie... ang sarap tingnan!

Btw, I trasferred na po pala to wordpress. My Happy Home Working is there na po, soon to follow yung 3 pa.. You might want to check it out if you've got a free time. And of course, you're still on my blogroll po... See you around...