Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ginataang Mais

Ginataan/ Guinataan is any food or dish cooked with coconut milk. My featured dish is a famous Filipino dessert.

Ginataang Mais is composed of fresh sweet corn kernels, sugar, coconut milk.
enchie’s kitchen

  • 2 sweet corns (scrape kernels off the corn cob)
  • 2 cups malagkit rice (Glutinous rice)
  • 3-4 Cups of Water
  • 1/2 Cup to 1 cup sugar
  • 4 coconuts (grated and coconut milk extracted)
How To:
  • Boil malagkit rice (Glutinous rice)and corn kernels in water until thick. Set aside.
  • In the very same pan, boil coconut milk then add the thickened rice and corn.
  • Mix well. Low fire.
  • Add sugar
  • Mix until well blended.

6 comments:

Jac said...

Ginataang mais wow =) I'm drooling favorite merienda ko yan nung nasa PI ako.Naku, sis if ever matuloy ang uwi namin sa Philippines may chance kaya na mag kita tayo =) I'm looking forward to meet you and matikman yung luto mo!! Btw OK lang ba if we can exchange links? Thanks Enchie have a great day,hugs!

♥peachkins♥ said...

Masarap na merienda yan, Enchie.



blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Enchie said...

Hi Jac! Sure I'll add your blog here. If you're coming home, just leave me a message on FB :)

Enchie said...

Hi Peachy! tinitipid ko nga e :)

Clarissa said...

Yan ang yata ang hinde ko natikman nung umuwi kami ng pinas!Gusto ko ring tikman yang ginataang mais mo,Mommy Enchie!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

I like this too :) But my fave is guinataang halo halo or bilo bilo :)

My grandpa used to make something like this but instead of corn, he uses mongo.

Weird though, I like eating guinataan chilled! :D