Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Picnic + Camping= Great Family Bonding

Bonding time is my main concern as a mother and wife. We're a family of 3 but we always make it a point to spend quality time together. Each week, we plan something from the simplest like going to the mall or just having a wonderful family dinner at home, and if blessed with extra time, we plan beyond our usual and we often go out of town. Just recently, I saw a photo album of celebrities enjoying a fun picnic day as they celebrate the 4th of July. That gave me an awesome idea for my family. It's been a long time since we really went on a picnic. Aside from that, with my husband's idea of going camping... everything is falling right into place. Both can be done in one place. Well, that's the nice part if you have your own car, you can scout for a very good place to go on a picnic and camping at night. A beach area which is a 3hour drive is one of the locations we are also considering.

Cabin tents normally come in one of two varieties: the Umbrella style and the Truss style. I told my husband that he is in-charge of getting a family sized cabin tent. That's more of a guy thing, I'll handle the food. I hope that he can find a sturdy tent for us. Even if we're outdoors, I still want my family to feel safe and comfortable.

When shopping for a cabin tent, there are several factors you may want to consider.  The first is the issue of room separation, as not all cabin tents come with detachable dividers.  Purchasing a tent equipped with this feature will provide you with maximum flexibility as to the interior configuration of the tent.  Another important factor is the material of the tent fabric and the poles, which contribute to its overall durability and resistance to inclement weather.  Sturdiness is particularly essential to a cabin tent, because it is taller than the average tent, and will thus be battered by wind more often.

No comments: