Thursday, October 14, 2010

FTF: Pancit Bihon



I prepared this for as merienda (snack) late this afternoon. But I purposely cooked good enough to last until tomorrow. I'm such a sucker for Pancit, especially Bihon Guisado. I love my Pancit Guisado with lots of Kinchay or small bunch of Chinese celery.The next ingredient that must be included is chicken sliced into small pieces.
I prefer boiling the chicken first then, I shred it into pieces. After sauteing, I use some of the chicken stock to cook the vegetables. Since my husband doesn't like gizzard and liver I completely eliminated it from my recipe. But to be honest, those 2 (gizzard and liver), they add flavor.
To make my pancit meal complete, I love pairing it with a cold glass of Coke and best eaten with Monay. Bread straight from a nearby bakery.
Food Trip Friday

13 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Mas interested ako sa lemon hahaha, I miss eating pansit with kalamansi kasi, yummy!

Spice Up Your Life

Clarissa said...

Ang sarap-sarap ng pansit bihon mo,Mommy Enchie.My husband loves pansit bihon kaya lang he don't prefer putting some gizzard and liver on it(yun nga ang nagpapasarap di bah?^_^)Yours looks delish!

Have a blessed weekend to you and your family,Mommy Enchie!

♥peachkins♥ said...

we'll also have bihon later.... masarap to pag pandesal ang ka-partner!

Cheerful said...

hi there, looks yummy and healthy with all those veggies! happy friday! :)

Unknown said...

ay, pareho tayo--i love kinchay and celery on pancit bihon. perfect merienda!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i <3 noodles/ pancit!!!

☺lani☺ said...

First time here, yum! Happy Weekend!

FoodTripFriday said...

Ibang version na naman ng Pancit Bihon, and I love it!! Addict din ako sa pancit eh, lol. I love the oily look of it!

Cecile said...

am drooling right now; i so love pancit bihon :-)

Cacai M. said...

Hemmm.. sarap nang monay with it.. or pandesal.. yummm! It made me think of my cooked spaghetti sandwich it with bread. But it's only seldom I like to eat what I cook, maybe it's weird but then when I do, I eat a lot! :-D Happy food trip mommy Ench and thanks for sharing!

Here's my food Trip Friday

;-)

agent112778 said...

that pansit love to go to my tummy...came here pansit :D

here's my food TRIP friday entry

Tetcha said...

I haven't tried cooking pansit bihon (or canton) from scratch. I've been meaning to, but I just don't have the time nor the guts to do it, baka mapalpak. Anyways, I think I'll do that one of these days.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

I'm a sucker for pancit too! I love pancit! Nagutom ako sa mga posts mo. Have a nice day!