Monday, October 18, 2010

Grilled Pompano Fish

First of all, I didn't know that Pompano Fish or "Pampano" as to what we call it here in the Philippines, is considered a delicacy. Being one of the richest and tastiest marine fish in the world. It is a silver fish with a body that is somewhat flat. You can view -fresh Pompano Fish photo- by going to the link highlighted, since I wasn't able to produce my own photo of the fish fresh.
One of the things I enjoy having a father who travels a lot, is being able to try extraordinary food or ingredients that he takes home coming from different provinces. On my last visit to my parent's house, my dad gave me a coco vinegar mixture which he made. Aside from that, he also gave me a big Pompano Fish to complete a meal.  At first , I didn't really know how will I serve the fish. Stewed, steamed, fried, grilled or even baked. I wasn't familiar with it, but I was advised that Pompano is best served fried or grilled. For lunch today (Monday), I got parts of the fish for fillet. Then, the remaining was still seasoned for grilling. Pompano fish is being sold in wet markets here in Manila for the price ranging from php200-280 per kilo.
On both sides of the Pompano fish fillet, drizzle it with olive oil, then season with salt, lemon juice or calamansi juice then slices of ginger. Get your grill ready and start cooking! Served my Grilled Pompano Fish with my dad's special coco vinegar mix and hot rice.

2 comments:

☺lani☺ said...

Sounds yum! Have a nice day!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I don't think I've tried it Enchie. Thanks for sharing..