Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fresh Strawberries In Cream


My husband brought home fresh Strawberries from Baguio City. I love mixing it with cream like any other fruit salad. Only, mine is sugarfree. I let the fruit's flavor play with the cream. Best served cold. You can add sugar, condensed milk, any sweetner, chocolate syrup and other fresh fruits like melon or mango bits. Any all purpose cream will do.
Here's one of the best way to do it:
Basic cream mix, topped with chocolate syrup and whipped cream plus almonds. Serve super cold. How's that? yummy right?
We enjoyed these as one of our desserts during my husband's birthday celebration. It's a good thing he was able to purchase some. I was expecting that it's going to be expensive (since it's out of season). It's being sold at the local market for 100 bucks per kilo. It would be a lot cheaper if you buy straight from the farm. Anyway, its rare they sell this fresh in a local grocery here in Manila. So, thank God for out of town conventions! I was able to prepare some for a very special ocassion.
Have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

Umma said...

I love strawberries.. this is one fruit that I always crave to eat...super laki pala sa Baguio ng strawberry.

sweetytots said...

yummy nga.. can i have mine topped with ooooozzzzzzing chocolate syrup!

Anonymous said...

sarap nman! im salivating here hmmmm :)

Mary Ann Moreno-binuya said...

last December 2008 we went to Baguio for a x'mas vacation. we visited the strawberry farm and bought lots of strawberries. hindi na nakarating ng Manila ang strawberry.....LOL!

Anonymous said...

yummy!!! me love strawberries and choco syrup.. yum yum

GagayMD said...

mommy enchie!

so masarap po! am craving for strawberry now!huhu!


gagay

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a new follower of your blog and I've got an award for you here:

http://www.1716south.com/2009/01/the-lemonade-award/

a {GIRL for all status
tales of a pinay single mommy
1716 South
Garage Sale

pehpot said...

yummy! Thanks to you Enchie.. I am now so craving for strawberries.. LOL.. good thing my son did not see your photo..he was so into strawberries, he can finish a kilo of it!

I like this blog of yours. nakakagutom and I am sure I will find some use of it in my kitchen ( I always run out of dish to prepare)
we can also exchange some great or not so great cooking experience.

Anonymous said...

my, these strawberries look so yum! i will try your recipe ench.. very healthy kasi.

Anya said...

super yummy! i wish someone close to me hail from baguio or at least a regular visitor of the city.

i want some *sigh*.

Twinkie said...

Ang taray ng mga strawberries na nabili ng hubby mo! Mas pinataray pa ng cream mo! Sssarap!