Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Macaroni Soup

My favorite grub everytime I get sick. I've been down with flu since Monday. My son had it first and eventually, it was passed over to the Mom.
It's easy to prepare and serves like a whole meal.
The brand of ingredients are of the author's choice. I have been using these products for a very long time.
I used a pack of Chicken noodle soup to add flavor. I can't conclude that it's a healthy soup, but it will surely keep you warm and full.
I also used some left-over shrimps we had for lunch. Chopped it into bits. Ground meat (1/4K lean) or chicken(shredded meat or chopped into small pieces) are also some of the great choices .

And my main highlight for this soup dish is adding some full cream milk. Any milk will do, but full cream makes it richer and tasteful.
What you will be needing:
1 Cup Full cream Milk
3 cups water
200g elbow macaroni (or any pasta of your choice)
1 Knorr Chicken Soup (optional)
1 medium carrot chopped into thin pieces
1 medium green bell pepper chopped in to bits
1 quarter of cabbage chopped
4 small red tomatoes sliced into quarters
1 medium onio chopped
5 cloves garlic chopped/minced
Salt and Pepper
How To:
In a sauce pan, saute garlic until light brown
Add onion, tomatoes and shrimps
Keep stirring for a few seconds
Add elbow macaroni stir until all mixed together
Add 3 Cups water, stir every 2 minutes and simmer until macaroni is half cooked
Add the Knorr Chicken Noodle Soup, carrots, bellpepper
Simmer until everything is cooked
Add milk and cabbage
Simmer for another 2 minutes
Add water if needed
Salt and Pepper to taste
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Enchie said...

checking comments box

GagayMD said...

Mommy enchie..


huhuhu!i am needing now your opinion!

how to deal with long distance relationship?


gagay

GagayMD said...

mommy enchie..

good day! 1 of our co-bloggers is in need now of help for his family was diagnosed from dengue and needing blood transfusion urgently..visit http://walkingnewspaper.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-received-just-this-morning-commentary.html

hope we can extend prayers and financial help for kuya angel..thank u!


gagay

Umma said...

Wow!! I love this soup. I didnt know that you add milk on it.. I will grab this recipe Mommy.. I feel like eating it right now.
Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

yah i totally agree. whenever i feel sick i look for macaroni soup. dunno why? my lola and my mama used to give me this when i was a kid, thats maybe why. will pass this on to my son. your recipe has a good twist. nice one!

Enchie said...

thanks ladies for dropping by and for the sweet messages. Happy cooking!

Mary Ann Moreno-binuya said...

Hi Enchie! You know what?....I tried cooking your macaroni soup recipe and it went very well. Ang sarap! Haha! I wish more recipes to come. God Bless!

Joy said...

macaroni soup is my ultimate comfort food. your post made me crave for it right now. yummy!