Friday, September 24, 2010

FTF: Adobong Puti



It's my first time to cook this Filipino dish. Adobo is the most famous Filipino viand. Ask anybody in the world related to a Filipino, most probably the first thing they'll answer about Filipino food is Adobo.
enchie’s kitchen
This kind of Adobo is basically cooked without the soy sauce which is the main ingredient in the original recipe. 
View related posts here: Filipino Stew and FTF: How Do You Like Your Adobo?
 Ingredients:
1/4 pork cutlets
1/2 cup coco vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper granules
2-3 psc. bay leaf
1 1/2 cup water
salt to taste
*Just boil everything together.
enchie’s kitchen
With my Adobong puti, I followed my usual adobo, minus the soy sauce. Boiled all the ingredients, when the pork's done, I separated it from the sauce, fried it in a small amount of oil and added the rest of the sauce again, then simmer for a few more seconds.

6 comments:

Gizelle said...

this is an interesting way to prepare adobo...pero I'd always look for the black color there lol

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Like Gizelle, for me,it's not Adobo kung walang toyo, but it's only me, wala naman ako masyado alam kung hindi ang kumain, lol!
One time, a friend gave me a Pancit Bijon na puti din, as in no soy sauce at all but it taste perfectly the same as the usual Pancit Bijon, but it feels different kasi nga walang kulay. Toyo lang talaga ako sa ulo, lol!

Thanks for joining Food Trip Friday

Lisa C. said...

lol.. my husband is fillipino.. I've learned to cheat, and make mine in the crock pot... lol.. the family loooooves it

Unknown said...

i have never tried cooking adobo w/out soy sauce. but, the turn-out looks yummy as well. sort of kilawin?

Jenn said...

Ohhh... so that is how Adobong Puti is cooked. Interesting!

Food Trip Friday post

nuts said...

this is unique for adobo since adobo is soy sauced for me.. but it looks yummy and sure, it tastes yummy too.. I can smell garlic from here and that's the flavor I want most. garlic!