Thursday, September 9, 2010

FTF--- Food From The Commissary



So what did I eat last Friday? Hmm...O yeah, I was in the hospital looking after my husband. One thing that made my hospital stay a bit interesting was the food. The whole week, I wasn't able to eat any home-cooked meal. Since it was a sudden incident nobody was prepared for it. So I thought, I will be fine with fast food for the mean time. On our 2nd day, after delivering the patient's meal, another person dropped by. This time, he was selling packed meals complete with vegetables, rice and another viand. His cart was also full of  different drinks and desserts to choose from. And believe me, that food cart was one of the things I looked forward to until our last day in the hospital. From breakfast, lunch to dinner. It saved me time and energy from going up and down going to the food court of The Medical City.
So last Friday, I started my day by getting myself a hot caffè mocha from Starbucks, and waited for the food commissary guy.
enchie’s kitchen
I got Tapa with poached egg, and enjoyed breakfast with my other half. Lunch time, I skipped the food cart and had sushi which was given by a very good friend.
enchie’s kitchen
While in the hospital, I was also keeping myself busy looking for custom business cards. It's one of those things, thinking of ways to make it easier for people to look for my blog. A card would come in handy.
For dinner...
enchie’s kitchen
Pork Afritada with Sauted Chayote sounded and looked great. A pack of fresh fruits made it more enticing. These kept me full last Friday. The selection from the food cart was inviting. If I can only taste everything. Yes, I can say that it was a food trip.
Photos: SEP990i

6 comments:

Unknown said...

food trip at the hospital!:p early this year, my BFF had surgery at the Medical Ciy, she whined about about her cravings and i "kidnapped" her and brought to North Park downstairs. at least she was smiling even when the nurse scolded us about her "escape".:p

Chubskulit Rose said...

The sushi looks good! Hope you are feeling better.

Spice Up Your Life

Jenn said...

Ang sarap naman ng mga food na sine-serve nila.

Food Trip Friday entry

FoodTripFriday said...

Thanks to the food cart that you don't have to eat the hospital food.and Glad to know that your husband is now ok.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Verna Luga said...

Hi Enchie, love that packed sushi ... speaking of said.. makabili nga mamaya... heheh,..

Food Trip Friday here

Rossel said...

i love the sushi. yummylicious!