Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meatballs in Sweet and Sour Ginger Sauce

This was my first time to make a sweet and sour sauce. I made it before in college but I totally forgot about it, and I got too dependent with my mom around preparing it for me. I was looking for a new dish to prepare last thursday. I ended experimenting on sweet and sour.
Staying away from the usual, this sweet and sour sauce I made, is SUGARFREE!
This dish is perfect for the health concious. Considering that one of my main ingredients is Ginger.
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp catsup
1 tbsp soy sauce
10 packets of Equal/ artificial sweetener---which is equivalent to 1 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornstarch or all purpose flour
1 tbsp thin slices of ginger
salt and pepper to taste
note: you can add the pineapple juice from a can of tidbits
Meatballs:
1/2 kilo ground lean
2 eggs
2 medium onions (chopped)
salt and pepper
cooking oil for deep frying
Mix eggs, chopped onions, salt and pepper with the ground lean meat
Make meat balls by molding a tbsp
Deep fry until golden then set aside
In a sauce pan, mix all ingredienrs for the sweet and sour sauce
Simmer until sauce is thick
Top over the fried meatballs and serve with pineapple tidbits

6 comments:

MaRyA said...

like I always say, I love anything with pineapples... Gotta try this one!

genejosh said...

sarap..my sis-in-law made meatball last Saturday and I love it..i'll try ur recipe next time..

Clarissa said...

yummy!!I love sweet and sour and yours looks good!!I love them pineapple tidbits,too!!^_^

Mary Ann Moreno-binuya said...

wow sarap naman! will try this one of these days.

Ebie said...

I think the gibger brings out the taste. Will try this.

Beth said...

I think I will try this this weekend! I love meatballs!!!