Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pizza Bread

I greatly recommend this easy-to-make snack.

What You Will Be Needing:

Bread Slices of your choice (Wheat is good!)
Pizza sauce (which is available at your local store)
Your choice of meat (ham, sliced sausage, pepperoni)
Grated Quickmelt cheese (mozzarella---better!)
Medium Green bell pepper (chopped into short, thin slices)
Medium White oninon (chopped into short, thin slices)
Button mushroom slices
Oven Toaster!

Spread pizza sauce on a slice of bread

Top with your choice of meat (ham, sliced sausage, pepperoni)

* you can add the cheese under and on top

Just put everything on top of each other

Then toast!

A little story behind. I had pizza bread when I was a kid. I learned about it through my childhood friend Jenny. We'd usually hang-out at her place, and we'd make pizza bread as our afternoon snack.
Last night, my son watched an episode of Blues Clues where Steve was making pizza with Blue. My son started shouting Pizza!pizza! with excitement. I got excited for him, so I gathered whatever I can find in order to make one for him. So there, aside from dinner, we had pizza after. I also made new pizza slices this morning for his snack in school.

6 comments:

MaRyA said...

ahahha this is my favorite snack too! cheap and delicious pizza at the comfort of your home!

Mary Ann Moreno-binuya said...

one of my favorite recipe is home-made pizza. Sa ngayon hindi na ako nakakagawa, thank you for posting this one, i will prepare this once again for my kids and husband.

Lulu said...

looks yummy and very easy

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

my boys love homemade pizza too, and its usually consist of left-over pita wrap,(from last nights tacos)sprinkle cheese on top of it and toss it in the microwave and let the pizza melt. Patrick love it! lol!

Clarissa said...

Another fave of my family,Mommy Enchie!!My husband loves to do this pizza bread at home most especially on weekend morning!!shhh!!don't tell my husband I told you that!^_^

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i make my own pizza bread too!! i use whole wheat bread though. yumm!