Friday, July 31, 2009

Food Trip Friday---Homemade Potato Mojos

Well what do you know, I have an entry for FTF after all. Since I'm sick with colds and flu, I have been craving for all sorts of food and flavors. I ended making some Potato Mojos, popularized by Shakey's Pizza here in the Philippines. My sister taught me how to make Mojos just last week. Her recipe tasted even better than the ones served in the fastfood (sorry!).

As usual, Potato Mojos are best served with Mayo-garlic sauce. Of course, also made by yours truly. Making Potato Mojos is as easy as counting 1, 2, 3. This is definitely the answer to my cravings. My son will love it too---minus the mayo-garlic :D

All you need are some thin slices of potatoes(do not peel), flour, beaten eggs, lots of pepper, salt, oil for deep frying and your favorite dried herbs and powdered flavoring. Procedure: Basic deep frying.

What's your food trip this Friday? Share it with at: Food Trip Friday

13 comments:

FoodTripFriday said...

of course you made it, it's only friday morning here. :)

My boys are potato lover, for sure click ito sa kanila kahit anong luto pa.

Lulu said...

this is interesting... i will try this sometime

Unknown said...

It looks good and goooood. anong klase ng potato gamit mommy ench, sweet or young patatas lang.

Clarissa said...

Count me in,too!!My family loves anything with potato!!Those are yummy,Mommy Enchie!!^_^

♥peachkins♥ said...

nothing beats homemade mojos..

linnor said...

buti na lang di ako nagsa-south beach diet. puede akong kumain ng mojos :)

Enchie said...

Hi shy! its plain patatas lang and thanks guys! enjoy your weekend!

Four-eyed-missy said...

Oh yes -- who could forget the Mojos at Shakey's?
Enchie, pa-share naman ng recipe. And I hope you get well soon :)



We Ate This!

ceemee said...

Yummy! I loooove potatoes!

Marnelli Anne said...

Hi..just droppin by..

just saw your blog when I was looking for mojos recipe..hehe..
Ms. Enchie can you post the recipe..pls..pls..coz I'm really craving for mojos..but I don't know how..

Ladynred said...

looks yummy! I will try it sometimes. Thanks for sharing!

agent112778 said...

lets face it, homemade is beter than dine out

my entry is here


Great day for us Food Weekenders:)

Thanx for the Visit :)

Tasty Exploration said...

love this! i will try it next time...

Our Adventures Together/
Her and History
Tasty Exploration