Friday, June 4, 2010

The Original--- Cassava Cake



Orient, is the most famous Buko Pie seller in Laguna. Aside from Buko Pie, they also whip up some Filipino delicacies, like the Cassava Cake. Last Sunday, I was able to try a different brand of Cassava Cake. Then, yesterday my Dad who traveled again to Laguna dropped by and gave me another box of Cassava and this time it's from The Original brand. I was able to taste the difference. It only proves that Orient's Cassava tops it all.
Cassava is extensively cultivated as an annual crop in tropical and subtropical regions for its edible starchy tuberous root, a major source of carbohydrates.

Orient- The Original Cassava Cake
Slice Cassava Cake

Cassava must be cooked properly to detoxify it before it is eaten.

12 comments:

Lady Patchy said...

hahh! my ever favorite cassava cake from The ORIGINAL. winner talaga.

Unknown said...

yummy! i had cassava cake the other night at Via Mare, and if i wasn't too full, i could've finished the whole slice.:p

Jenn said...

Parang ang sarap sarap nito ah? Hmmm yum yum!

My FTF post is up HERE. Happy weekends!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

wow that looks so good :)

I miss the cassava cake my mom used to buy.. it has a yummy leche flan topping. double wow :D

Enchie said...

Hey guys!Thanks for the visit will get back right at ya soon ;)

FoodTripFriday said...

I love Cassava cake, and honestly, I take it anytime over Buko Pie :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Look yummilicious!

Spice Up your Life

Four-eyed-missy said...

Sarap nyan! I like it also when its sunog ng konti hihihi. I know how to make cassava cake, ang problema ko lang ay bihirang makikita ang kamoteng-kahoy dito sa Cambodia. Pagkatapos i-harvest kasi direcho na ito sa flour mill.

We Ate This!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

how much pala is one whole?

Cecile said...

I so miss cassava cake na....saka buko pie din...wahhh ininggit mo naman kami :-(

agent112778 said...

sad to say buy im not a fan of this. i dont know why

heres mine

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Original brand is masarap talaga especially its buko pie yummy!
xoxo