Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Something New For The Xtraordinarymom

There's nothing wrong with website hosting, as a matter of fact it is a great source for establishing blogs or websites per se. At the same time, you can still get all the essentials that makes up a reliable blog site or website. Namely, website traffic, features and widgets, advertising and a lot more. As for my site Sweet Nothings,  I decided to change my site's domain name because I want to take ownership of my own site 100%. I just thought of it last week. I'll be honest, right now I am on the verge of doing a major make-over for my Xtraordinarymom website and I want to start by getting my own domain name. The look and the links will follow. I want my site to serve it's real purpose- "an online diary".  It will surely make a big difference once I get my new domain name up and running hopefully next month.

As of the moment I am still studying the process, including the effects it will bring. I'm pretty sure it will give me all the goodness in the blogosphere than the bad. I also think that having a more personalized domain will serve more respect from other bloggers, website visitors, readers from various groups and advertisers.