Monday, January 25, 2010

Lechen Flan

Flan, Leche Flan or Caramel Custard
I really wanted to try to make my own so I can serve something new from my kitchen on my husband's birthday this week. They say it's easy... I went surfing online last week to find back- up recipes for my first take. The method and preparation of the recipes I found are all the same. It's the quantity for every recipe and the style that made a difference. Some like it without the egg whites, others prefer using the whites. Anyway, me being a practical person, I included the egg whites. You just have to whisk it until the mixture is well-blended.
enchie’s kitchen

I also used brown sugar for the custard base. It tasted the same and I got similar results if I used white sugar. Leche Flan is usually steamed over an open flame or stove top, it can also be seen baked.

Recipe to follow

7 comments:

Nova said...

oh...i am very interested to know your recipe and try it... got my version but would love to try yours...

Enchie said...

@ Nova oh I can't wait to hear from you once you try my recipe, negative o positive okay lang.

I'll try to post it soon :)

Lulu said...

this looks yummy... i have never made leche flan in my whole "chef" life

♥peachkins♥ said...

Congrats on your first leche flan!

Enchie said...

@ Lulu naku its easy lang sis. Sana my recipe can help :)

@ Peachy thank you...

redkathy said...

Oh wow Enchi this looks great. Haven't had flan in forever!

Queenie said...

OMG,,, its so lucious.. sarap kainin ng picture mo...