Tuesday, November 3, 2009

As Requested By--- Pancit Bihon and Lumpiang Prito

The Pancit Bihon was requested by my husband. Early Monday, my parents brought us Pancit. It was so good. In a way, my husband got "bitin" (left hanging and craved for some more). We went out to buy the ingredients for the pancit he requested.
Pancit is noodles in Filipino cuisine. It was introduced by the Chinese and have been adopted into a local cuisine. The term pancit is derived from the Hokkien pian i sit which means "something conveniently cooked fast." Different kinds of noodles can be found in Filipino supermarkets which can then be cooked at home. Noodle dishes are also standard fare in local restaurants. Food establishments specializing in noodles are often referred to as panciterias.

The type of Pancit shown above is called--- Pancit Bihon Guisado

Thin rice noodles fried with soy sauce some citrus, possibly with patis, and some variation of sliced meat and chopped vegetables.-source-


My recipe includes:

17 oz Pancit Bihon
1 medium onion (chopped)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
10 pcs of string beans (chopped into small pieces)
1/4 kilo of meat or ground meat (sliced into small pieces)
10 pcs. squid balls (cut into half)
1/ cup soy sauce
1/2 water
1/2 medium cabbage (chopped into small sizes)
2 bunches of Kinchay leaves (flat leaf parsley or 5 stalks of celery chopped)
5 pcs. Tainga ng Daga---a tropical mushroom known as Auricularia (soaked and chopped) Shitake will do
Salt and pepper to taste

To match our afternoon pancit snack, I requested my husband to buy some Lumpiang Prito for me.

Lumpiang Prito/Lumpiang Gulay
It's a good thing that our favorite vendor was around to sell us some straight from the frying pan.
It consists of spring roll wrapper filled with mung beans sprouts and various other vegetables such as string beans and carrots. Deep-fried then dipped in a special vinegar mixture when eaten.

7 comments:

Lulu said...

I wish i wish i wish na may kalamansi dito... sarap kasi ng pansit at kalamansi together...

Cecile said...

darn it, kasarap naman tingnan ng pansit at lumpia...kakalaway eh :-)!

Willa said...

sarap nga ng pancit mo, daming gulay!

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I assume polite post. Expressly the title attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.