Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thai Chicken Recipe

I am very happy to share that finally, I was able to find the Thai flavor I have been looking for years. Thai food became my favorite when I tasted a salad dish from Dusit Thani (a hotel located in Makati). Since then, I have been craving for its flavor.
For the past few days I was working with my husband around the kitchen. Part of our little adventure was to look for special ingredients such as sauce base, fresh herbs, special oils and organic products. I accidentally saw a Thai stir fry paste. I am talking about authentic Thai flavorings. With the success of my first attempt in Thai cooking, I will definitely try the rest of the flavors.

Ingredients:

1/2 K Chicken Breast Fillet (cut into strips)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
5 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp ginger minced
celery leaves chopped (equivalent to 2 tbsp)
onion leeks chopped (equivalent to 1 tbsp)
1 small red bell pepper sliced thinly
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
a dash of salt and ground black pepper
3 tbsp Thai Basil Garlic & Chili Paste

How To:

Saute garlic and ginger in extra virgin olive oil
Add chicken strips
Add oyster sauce. Stir for about a minute.
Simmer until cooked
Add celery leaves, leeks and bell pepper. Stir.
Add Thai paste
Then salt and pepper to improve taste.

This dish may be served as Main too. Perfect with hot rice, a bottle of cold beer, relaxing mood and soft music. Enjoy!

For your Food Trip every Fridays share it with us @ Food Trip Friday

9 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love Thai dishes too. This looks great, will try this when I crave for a Thai dish..

Lulu said...

this looks yummy and easy to prepare

Willa said...

Another yummy entry!
I agree with Lulu, this is so easy to make bec the recipe doesn't sound too complicated, at least for me, even the ingridients is always available.Hope I can find time to try this sometime.

Jac said...

It look so yum~yum I should try it nga may Thai restaurant kc d2 for sure ma gugustuhan ng mga bata ..
Happy weekend :)

Unknown said...

thinking of Thai flavor in this dish makes my mouth water (lol). good thing it's almost lunch time. i'm also a Thai food fan. will try your recipe one of these days.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Yum, thanks for sahring the recipe, I may try this one day since hubby love thai foods,.. ano pala yung leeks?

Our Comfort Foods on lazy days!

Rechie said...

wow..ingredients palang masarap na..lalo na sa picture..thanks for sharing the recipe.. I would love to add your food blog tomine

mine is here pala

Chibog in Chief said...

Definitely Thai dishes are mouthwatering!!!Who needs to go to Thailand if we could do it at home, thanks for sharing this recipe!

agent112778 said...

instant sauces and mixes really does wonders lalo na sa Thai dishes kasi ang hirap hanapin yung ibang ingedients

my entry is here


Great day for us Food Weekenders:)

Thanx for the Visit :)