Thursday, November 19, 2009

Monggo With Alugbati Leaves

Alugbati is one of my favorite green, leafy source. In terms of its nutritional content, I would consider that it is one of the most nutritious. Easy to cook, easy to grow.
Alugbati
A succulent, branched, smooth, twining herbaceous vine, several meters in length. Stems are purplish or green.
Common market product, a popular leafy and stew vegetable, a good substitute for spinach.
The green and purple cultivated varieties are preferable to the wild ones.
Both the young shoots and stems are eaten.
Excellent source of calcium and iron; good source of vitamins A, B, and C, with a high roughage value.
-source-

12 comments:

Catherine said...

A picture's worth a thousand words- and this one says YUMMY!

Lulu said...

i wish may alugbati here....

Willa said...

wow! you posted one of my favorite leafy vegetables! I love eating alugbati,kahit anong kulay pa.

Unknown said...

we also cook alugbati and monggo at home. unfortunately, i only eat monggo.:p

Tetcha said...

I love alugbati, too, but I seldom cook alugbati in our house because my husband doesn't like it.

Meikah said...

Yes, alugbati and monggo go well together, and I like it. I can't eat alugbati salad though, which my mom would prepare for us. =)

My Food Trip Friday is here.

AC said...

aww.. I didn't know I've been missing one good veggie.. i'm a veggie lover myself and I have yet to try alugbati.. i wish to have that next year.. yum!!!

Mine's Here

Jac said...

Buti nlang at may mini grocery d2 for Filipino products kaya nakaka pag luto ako ng monggo minsan. pero sana may alugbati rin :) ..Yummy ang FTF mo Enchie favorite ko yan!

Cacai M. said...

OMG I really miss alugbati so much! ang sarap!

by the way, here's My Friday Fill-ins

Have a happy food trip!

Cacai M. said...

Sorry po wrong yong link ko, heto po: My Food Trip Friday #7

Sorry po talaga.. :-)

agent112778 said...

i never tried that but since a kid, i already heard its good

my entry is here


Great day for us Food Weekenders:)

Thanx for the Visit :)

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.